Friday, October 24, 2003

"White People Can't Talk About Race?"

By Gordon Bloyer (Excerpt)

“In his controversial statement on ESPN last Sunday, Rush Limbaugh stated that Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was not as good as the media made him out to be. He also said the media wanted McNabb to succeed because he was black. That was his opinion. I don’t know if his opinion is right or wrong. I have never watched McNabb play. I think many of the players are not as good as they are said to be. The league has been watered down by expansion and I watch very few pro games anymore. I don’t know that the media has given him a free ride because he is black. Knowing the media, I tend to believe that Rush was right on that one. That is my opinion.

Rush's opinion was not racist. In fact he was pointing out that the REAL racists are the people that think blacks are unable to succeed on their own and they need help with false praise.

I do know that ESPN and other media outlets are cowards when it comes to talking about race. I know they run scared if someone cries ''racist'' or ''racism.'' Black people are allowed to say things that whites are not allowed to say. In today’s USA, white people cannot talk about race and disagree with the politically correct crowd without paying a high price. Like Rush, they get attacked for having an opinion. They're called racists and said to be insensitive to minorities. This is all bull***t. We are in serious trouble in this country if people are silenced by these ridiculous charges.”

More here

No comments: