Tuesday, January 31, 2023



Andrew Tate's "victims" speak out

It appears that there was no crime justifying his arrest





***********************************************

UK: Church in row over plan to show Pride flag on altar over claims it politicises place of worship and will lead to 'moral anarchy'

The C of E can be really disgusting at times. Next thing they will be having cock-sucking competitions. They are the Devil's mockery of Christianity

St Nicholas Church in Leicester had hung the colourful flags at weekend services but then last year switched them for a much larger permanent version.

Church reverend Canon Karen Rooms claims the huge fabric Progress Pride Flag is merely a way of letting visitors know they are ‘welcome and safe’.

But opponents, including parishioners and General Synod members have accused the church, parts of which date from around 900AD, of ‘woke’ virtue signalling.

A test case will now be heard by the Church of England’s consistory court, with campaigners warning it will ‘open the floodgates’ to ideological imagery in other churches if given the go-ahead.

Sam Margrave, of the Synod, the CofE’s governing council, told The Sunday Telegraph that the ‘infiltration’ was allowing ‘moral anarchy’.

Canon Rooms wrote in her submission for the faculty that the flag ‘is a simple statement of welcome and safety’.

The Diocese of Leicester said: ‘All new altar frontals require permission... The application... is with the Diocesan Chancellor’s office and will be decided in due course.’

Andrea Williams, chief executive of Christian Concern, said: ‘Placing a Pride flag on the altar, which symbolises a political sexual ideology completely at odds with the gospel, must be challenged.’

The dispute comes at a time when the CofE is locked in a damaging internal debate over gender, sexuality and marriage.

The flashpoint at St Nicholas, which is among the ten oldest churches in Britain, happened in September when switched the Pride flags were replaced by the Progress Pride Flag, a gift from a worshipper at a nearby church.

The banner, based on the iconic rainbow flag from 1978, was developed in 2018 by non-binary American artist Daniel Quasar to celebrate the diversity of the LGBTQ+ community and call for a more inclusive society.

St Nicholas churchwarden and transgender poet Jay Hulme said at the time: ‘People were actually weeping in the pews when they saw it.’

But the church had to take down the altar frontal a month later as it hadn’t applied for planning permission, known as a faculty, and the case was referred to the church court as the protests grew.

It will be ruled upon by the diocese chancellor Lyndsey de Mestre, a barrister at Lincoln’s Inn, London, or a deputy in the coming months. It is not known yet whether the case will be heard in public or based on written submissions.

**********************************************************

Tell your kids marriage is more important than money or career — because it IS

Would you trade your family for money? Which one of your kids would you swap for certain wealth? All parents know what they would answer. None. Never. No way.

Yet a new Pew study shows parents would prefer — by a lot — their children prioritize financial independence and a good career over family and children. Eighty-eight percent of parents said it’s “extremely or very important” for their children to be financially independent when they reach adulthood; 88% also said the same of their children having a job they enjoy.

Only 21% of parents said it was “extremely or very important” for their child to get married, and just 20% felt that strongly about their progeny reproducing.

This is a giant mistake.

For one thing, with the stability of family comes a higher income. Want a better shot at having a good career? Get married.

It makes sense. The dude swiping on Tinder every night just isn’t going to have the same focus on succeeding as the man who has a family to support.

It doesn’t apply just to men, either. An October 2021 Pew study reported that in the last 30 years, the coupled have come to outearn the singles. Coupled women make $8,000 more a year on average than single women.

“The gaps in economic outcomes between unpartnered and partnered adults have widened since 1990,” Pew noted. “Among men, the gaps are widening because unpartnered men are faring worse than they were in 1990. Among women, however, these gaps have gotten wider because partnered women are faring substantially better than in 1990.”

Married people also pool their resources. Want your kid to be financially secure? Move marriage to the top of his or her to-do list. A 2017 TD Ameritrade study found “29% of single adults consider themselves financially secure, whereas 43% of married couples say the same.” A surprising stat in the data is that married people, despite often having to take care of expensive little people who live with them, end up saving more than single people.

Putting money or career first doesn’t work. You can’t “have it all,” but you can have most of it if you’re in a stable relationship.

Beyond just the cash, a married woman has options. The question “Will you go back to work?” that a woman gets asked after having a baby is not posed to single women.

And there are the existential reasons. We’re only on this planet for so long. The clichéd line “Nobody on his deathbed has ever said, ‘I wish I had spent more time at the office’” is true. Your work might be meaningful and important, or it might be just a paycheck, but either way your family is worth far more. Your co-workers are not going to miss you when you’re gone. Your Twitter followers might not even notice. But done right, you will leave a legacy with your family to carry on.

Everyone says “Family first,” but sending the message to kids to pursue careers over family is the opposite of that. It exposes a shallow materialism trend that used to be embarrassing but is now out in the open. What are riches worth when you don’t have what really matters?

Parents should, of course, motivate their children to become financially secure. A marriage can always fail, and having a career to support yourself is important. No parents want their grown kid living in their basement calling up to ma to make some meatloaf. But when their child grows up and someday asks themselves “What’s the point?” the answer will never come back “To get those slides to Chad in accounting for our presentation.”

Raise children who understand this and who place importance on finding the right spouse and having children, and career and financial stability will follow.

***************************************************

I'm de-transitioning after realising I'm happier as a man - and blame 'woke' culture for influencing impressionable teens into switching gender

An influencer who is in the process of 'de-transitioning' from a trans woman back to a man has hit out at 'woke' culture - which he claims encourages often vulnerable teens to question their identity unnecessarily.

Oli London, from Hertford, spent six months living as a woman, and underwent feminising facial surgery to soften his features before realising, he now says, that he was actually happier living as a man.

The social media personality, who had previously had surgery to look like male Korean pop idols, has hit out at celebs like Harry Styles and Timothee Chalamet, and shows like Ru Paul's drag race, that, he claims, promote gender fluidity - saying they are dangerous for teens who are encouraged to question their identity.

He said: 'There are now so many teenagers transitioning. It's something that's seen as trendy and cool to Gen Z and it feeds into woke people.

'I think that celebrities like Harry Styles and Timothée Chalamet, probably due to their PR, are queer baiting as they are made to look gay or feminine in order to be cool and trendy. It's a slippery slope.

'It projects these images onto impressionable kids and leads them to question themselves and their identity. It's really harmful.

'These kids are then influenced to experiment, which is fine, but if these teenagers weren't going to come to these realisations on their own about their gender, then it's likely that it is the wrong path for them and they have just been influenced by what they think is trendy.'

Oli, 33, flew to Turkey to undergo feminine facial surgery in April 2022, after struggling with his gender identity for years.

The British influencer previously sparked controversy after identifying as 'transracial' and spending more than $271,000 to look like Korean pop-stars.

He strived to look like Jimin from boyband BTS for over five years and has since spent over £100,000 ($150,000) on further surgery - most recently sharing a video from his hospital bed after undergoing eye surgery, a face lift, brow lift and temple lift.

He says he was able to book all of his surgery abroad without ever having undergone counselling or any therapy - which he now thinks should not be allowed for for gender reassignment surgery.

Last year, he spent six months living as a woman, and had planned to fly to Thailand for more gender surgery, before realising that he had been happier as a man.

Oli added: 'As a teenager, I was bullied for how I looked. I was told that I looked too feminine and not like a 'real' boy.

'I would also dress up in fancy dress costumes that were meant for girls and played with Barbies. So, I have had some gender identity questions my entire life.

'Because I was bullied for my looks, I started having plastic surgery to try and improve how I looked and I became addicted.

'In total, so far, I have had 32 procedures. However, I still wasn't happy and I felt like something was missing. I thought that as everyone had been calling me feminine my whole life, and that I had maybe been born in the wrong body, maybe they were right.

'So I decided I would begin the transition to female, and I started with my face. I underwent facial feminisation, and I was so happy with the results.

'I got hair extensions fitted, and started wearing dresses and heels too. Most people still called me Oli as it's also short for Olivia, but I also went by the name Rose.

His de-transitioning journey began with London shaving his head and wearing more traditionally masculine clothes

'I spent six months living as a transgender woman and at first it felt amazing. I thought this was the reason I'd never felt fully happy before.

'I was even considering going to Thailand for further gender-changing surgery, but I soon came to the realisation that I actually still wasn't happy.'

Oli discovered that undergoing different cosmetic procedures was a temporary fix for his unhappiness and decided that he needed to totally change his life.

Oli said: 'I originally transitioned because I thought it would be the solution to my unhappiness and that it would be some sort of miracle cure to why I felt the way I did about myself.

'After living as a transwoman for six months, I still wasn't happy and I realised that I had made the wrong decision.

'I knew that in order to find true happiness, I needed to go back to my roots and find the person who had been trapped inside me all along. I needed to find the real me.

'I had been influenced by information I was seeing on social media. I thought transitioning was something that was fun, easy, and cool because that's the way it had been portrayed online. I thought it was going to be a quick and easy fix, but I was wrong.

'To begin my detransition journey I shaved my hair off and got rid of my extensions, which was traumatic and liberating at the same time, and gave away all my feminine clothes to charity and friends.'

He says he's trying to make his face appear more masculine once more, he says: 'Although my face does still look very feminine, I am trying to just get over it rather than reverting to more cosmetic surgery.

'I've been taking supplements, trying to up my protein intake and focusing on building muscle in the gym to try and bulk myself out more too.'

He said: 'There are now so many teenagers transitioning. It's something that's seen as trendy and cool to Gen Z and it feeds into woke people.

'I think that celebrities like Harry Style and Timothée Chalamet, probably due to their PR, are queer baiting as they are made to look gay or feminine in order to be cool and trendy. It's a slippery slope.

'It projects these images onto impressionable kids and leads them to question themselves and their identity. It's really harmful.

'I believe it should be harder for people to transition because while it may be difficult for the people experiencing these feelings, it would prevent thousands of people from making a decision that they end up regretting.

****************************************

My other blogs. Main ones below:

http://dissectleft.blogspot.com (DISSECTING LEFTISM)

http://edwatch.blogspot.com (EDUCATION WATCH)

http://antigreen.blogspot.com (GREENIE WATCH)

http://australian-politics.blogspot.com (AUSTRALIAN POLITICS)

http://snorphty.blogspot.com/ (TONGUE-TIED)

http://jonjayray.com/blogall.html More blogs

*****************************************

No comments: