Wednesday, July 13, 2016
A hard way to learn
Tragic schoolgirl Alice Gross wrote an essay in support of free movement within the EU before she is believed to have been killed by a convicted Latvian murder, it has been revealed.
Alice wrote about the benefits of European migration and discussed the push to keep foreign criminals out of Britain, saying such a move could 'reintroduce the idea of racism'.
Just three months later, the 14-year-old is thought to have been killed by Arnis Zalkalns, who was able to 'come and go' across the UK border despite a conviction for stabbing his wife to death in his homeland.
The essay was released by Alice's parents, Rosalind Hodgkiss and Jose Gross, and seen by the Guardian.
The schoolgirl wrote: 'Personally, I believe that the United Kingdom should remain a member of the EU as it allows our country to be considered a communal and friendly country.
Addressing Ukip's call to have foreign criminals banned from Britain, she wrote: 'I believe that this takes away the concept of equality amongst the community by implying that criminals don’t deserve the same rights everyone else has.
'It also depicts Britain to believe foreign criminals are different and dangerous compared to the British criminals, reintroducing the idea of racism.'
In an interview with the newspaper, the couple said they had decided to share their daughter's words because they had been alarmed at how Alice had been used by anti-immigration groups and Brexiteers to further their arguments.
An inquest into Alice's death was told how Zalkalns, a father of two, arrived in Britain in 2007.
He had only just been released from prison for murdering his wife Rudite - who he stabbed to death in remote woodlands and buried in a shallow grave - but went unchecked.
During the inquest, the Home Office policy chief for criminal records admitted that it had not been policy to monitor every entrant into the UK at the time Zalkalns arrived.
David Cheesman also admitted that, even if checks were carried out, they would not have been thorough enough to unearth Zalkalns' prison sentence.
The builder also had a string of other convictions, including for firearms offences, sexual assault and spreading a sexual disease.
Mr Cheesman said criminals are only put on a 'watch list' if convictions are reported to Interpol.
He said: 'If we are not given that information under the current system it isn't until the first time he comes into the custody suite, however minor the offence, that the check will be made.'
Two years after his arrival, he was arrested when a 14-year-old said he indecently assaulted her in Brentford in 2009.
She refused to give evidence and police failed to check his convictions in Latvia. He was released without charge.
But the hearing was told that, had they have performed the Association of Criminal Records Office (ACRO) check, officers would have uncovered his murderous past.
France is 'on the verge of a civil war' which could be sparked by a mass sexual assault on women by migrants, intelligence chief warns
France is on the verge of a 'civil war' which could be sparked by the mass sexual assault of women by migrants similar to the one seen in Cologne on New Year's Eve, the country's head of intelligence has said.
He believes the situation is so tense and fragile that another major Islamist terror attack or mass migrant sexual assault could lead to a huge right-wing backlash.
Patrick Calvar, chief of the Directorate General of Internal Security, told members of the French parliamentary commission: 'We are on the brink of civil war'.
According to French newspaper Le Figaro, he said: 'This confrontation I think it will take place. 'Even one or two attacks and it will happen. It therefore behooves us to anticipate and block all these groups.'
The warning from Mr Calvar follows similar concerns expressed by prominent police, army and security experts from across Europe.
In May the former head of MI6, Richard Dearlove, said Europe would face a 'populist uprising' if its governments did not take control of the migrant crisis.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel was also told by security experts last October that middle class citizens in Germany were becoming 'radicalised' because of her open borders migrant policy. She was warned that it could lead to widespread disorder.
Revealed: 1,200 women were sexually assaulted by 2,000 men in German cities on New Year's Eve
A leaked report has revealed a staggering 1,200 were sexually abused in German cities during New Year's Eve celebrations.
The police document stated detectives believe 2,000 men were involved across various cities but that the bulk of the crimes were committed in Cologne and Hamburg where 600 and 400 sexual assaults on women were reported respectively.
Of the 2,000 perpetrators, only 120 have been identified, and about half of them were foreign nationals who had only recently arrived in Germany.
The report was published by German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung, which revealed a huge upscale in the original estimate of 359 sexual assault victims back in January. By May, that figure had increased to 'up to 1,000', according to the authorities in Germany.
The horrendous scenes more than seven months ago have only resulted in four convictions, although more trials are underway.
One of the most recent were the trials of foreign nationals Hussain A and Hassan T, walked from court cheering and smiling having been gifted suspended sentences despite the judge calling them 'animals'.
Algerian Hassan T was also found guilty of being an accomplice to a sexual assault carried out by a group of around 20 men.
The 26-year-old told a man who was walking with two female victims 'Give me the girls, give me the girls - or you're dead.'
Hussain A, a 21-year-old Iraqi, had kissed a young woman against her will and then licked her face.
'We see that as sexual assault,' said judge Gerd Krämer. 'He forced the victim to accept the kiss and lick.'
Both were given a one-year suspended sentence and their victims openly wept in court.
Dozens of victims have bravely come forward to tell of their horror, including 17-year-old studnet Dilara Zajarskaite, who waived her anonymity to tell MailOnline: 'We were attacked separate five times and no one stopped to help us. These Arab men touched me and hurt me. They tried to kidnap my best friend. It was terrifying.
'I told a policeman what had happened to us that night but he said it was not worth making a complaint because I could not name any of the attackers. 'It is a scandal the police have not captured any of the men who did this.'
Hers is one of 1,200 nightmare stories from December last year, which include crimes ranging from pick pocketing to gang rape.
One woman, known only as Jenny, suffered serious burns when a firework was shoved into the hood she was wearing.
'I heard a sizzling sound in my hood,' said Jenny. 'I somehow tried to get the firecracker out of the hood. Then it fell into my jacket and burned everything.'
She added: 'The scars will be permanent. I was lucky that it didn’t explode.'
Police say the wave of attacks were perpetrated by groups of 'Arab or North African' men in the city centre, in what they described as a 'new dimension in crime'.
Another distressed victim, who did not want to be identified, told Euronews: ‘We were fondled, I was groped between my legs. My friends were also fondled. My boyfriend tried to pull me away. There was quite a big group of people, maybe thirty or forty,'
One of the first victim's to speak out, an 18-year-old named only as Michelle, described being surrounded by a group of 30 'angry' men who groped her and her friends then stole their belongings as they fled.
Witnesses and police have described men working in 'coordinated' groups to grope women who were unable to escape, while two women reported they were raped.
Muslim savagery in action in Australia
Zandipour is an Iranian surname so the offender is almost certainly Muslim
A SIX second attack has turned into at least 16 years behind bars for killer Kyle Sirious Zandipour.
He was found guilty of murdering Melbourne University student Joshua Hardy in 2014 outside a McDonald’s restaurant on St Kilda Road in Melbourne.
He stomped on Joshua’s head and bashed him to death, in an attack the court heard only lasted six seconds.
Zandipour was sentenced to a maximum of 20 years on Tuesday — with a non-parole period of 16 years — by Victorian Supreme Court Justice Karin Emerton.
Zandipour, 29, was a Melbourne banker when he saw Joshua, 21, at the fast food restaurant.
Joshua was at a 21st in October 2014, and was in the taxi home when he decided to detour for a late night snack at McDonald’s.
He asked to borrow a phone from one of Zandipour’s friends and was pushed away. Zandipour, who had never met Mr Hardy before, then threw him on the ground and stomped on him. The court was told it was a “truly frightening display of violence”.
Joshua’s father, David Hardy, said moments of madness could have undying consequences. “Two young lives are shattered. Friends and family of all involved are broken,” he said.
“Everybody loses when it comes to social violence, so please step back and think because actions have consequences. Tragic and devastating consequences for all involved.”
Zandipour pleaded not guilty to murder but was found guilty by a Supreme Court jury in May.
Political correctness is most pervasive in universities and colleges but I rarely report the incidents concerned here as I have a separate blog for educational matters.
American "liberals" often deny being Leftists and say that they are very different from the Communist rulers of other countries. The only real difference, however, is how much power they have. In America, their power is limited by democracy. To see what they WOULD be like with more power, look at where they ARE already very powerful: in America's educational system -- particularly in the universities and colleges. They show there the same respect for free-speech and political diversity that Stalin did: None. So look to the colleges to see what the whole country would be like if "liberals" had their way. It would be a dictatorship.
For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, GREENIE WATCH, EDUCATION WATCH INTERNATIONAL, FOOD & HEALTH SKEPTIC, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS and DISSECTING LEFTISM. My Home Pages are here or here or here. Email me (John Ray) here.