Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Two multiculturalists charged with sexual battery after police found video of unconscious girl in scene likened to 'wild animals preying on a carcass laying in the woods'

Two college students have been charged in connection to an unconscious girl who was allegedly gang raped on a Florida beach during Spring Break in broad daylight, authorities said.

Troy University students Delonte' Martistee, 22, of Georgia and Ryan Austin Calhoun, 23, of Alabama were charged on Friday with sexual battery by multiple perpetrators relating to the incident that occurred between March 10-12, according to Bay County Sheriff's Office.

According to WFSA, it has been confirmed by university officials that both men were suspended, and Martistee, a promising track star, has been removed from the team.

The alleged victim told deputies she thought she had been drugged before the incident and that she was afraid to report it because she could not remember many details, Panama City News Herald reported.  'She knows something happened, but she doesn't know what happened,' Bay County Sheriff Frank McKeithen said.  Authorities are still searching for two additional suspects in the case.

Friday's charges stem from a video police found where hundreds of people are seen watching the incident without attempting to intervene during the alleged attack on Panama City Beach, authorities claim.  The footage was uncovered on a cell phone during an unconnected investigation into a shooting in Troy, Alabama.

Alerting the Bay County Sheriff's Office, the two departments worked together to identify two suspects and the alleged victim.

McKeithen branded the video the 'most disgusting, sickening thing' and likened the scene to 'wild animals preying on a carcass laying in the woods'.

In the video, McKeithen said one man is heard in the clip saying, 'she isn't going to know,' before putting his hand inside her bikini bottoms.

The incapacitated young woman is surrounded by several men while seated on a beach chair during the video filmed behind Spinnaker Beach Club.

McKeithen told a press conference: 'This is happening in broad daylight with hundreds of people seeing and hearing what is happening and they are more concerned about spilling their beer than somebody being raped.

'This is such a traumatizing event for this girl. No one should have to fear this would happen in Panama City Beach, but it does.'

The investigation related to the incident is ongoing.


Cage's lies over new anti-terror laws: Terrorism apologists accused of scaremongering after warning Muslims police will take their children away

Terrorism apologists who called Jihadi John a ‘beautiful young man’ have been accused of scaremongering after warning Muslims that police will use new anti-terror legislation to take their children away.

Asim Qureshi, research director for the ‘human rights’ group Cage, made the comments during a nationwide tour about the recently-introduced Counter-Terrorism and Security (CTS) Act.

The group held talks in seven cities across the country including Leicester, Sheffield, Bradford and London.

Mr Qureshi claimed the Government would consider taking away children as young as seven if they attended demonstrations by the Stop The War group, which campaigns against what it sees as unjust wars, or repeated political slogans in schools.

At the Bradford meeting on Wednesday, Mr Qureshi said: ‘There is a little sub-clause in the CTS Act that says the Government can consider avenues under health and social services.

‘How I read that is if you don’t consent to deradicalisation programmes, we are going to take your kids away from you – and force you to consent to these programmes for your children.

‘That’s what the Bill allows them to do. The end conclusion is that, without giving our consent, they will start thinking about taking our children away from us.

‘That for me has been the most dangerous part of this Act.’

Mr Qureshi’s comments were widely criticised. Nazir Afzal, the former chief Crown prosecutor for North-West England, said the remarks amounted to ‘scaremongering, pure and simple’.

He said: ‘It is possible to read every bit of legislation in any way you want to, but we need to get real. Taking a child away from their parents is the last thing the State wants to do.’

A Conservative spokesman said the comments were lies, adding: ‘This is, frankly, outrageous scaremongering.’ Labour said Mr Qureshi’s claims didn’t ‘bear scrutiny or come close to reality’.

Cage attracted criticism in February after it was revealed it had been in close contact with Mohammed Emwazi, also known as IS executioner Jihadi John.

Mr Qureshi gave a press conference at which he described Emwazi as a ‘beautiful young man’ who was ‘extremely gentle’.


Judge APOLOGISES to teenager she has to sentence for having sex

A judge has apologised to a teenager who was prosecuted for having sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17.

Connor O'Keefe, now 18, had consensual sex with the girl after they got drunk at a 'peace festival' in Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire last summer.

In extraordinary comments, Judge Sylvia de Bertodano questioned why the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) had brought O'Keefe to court.

She said: 'I don't know what the world has come to when I am asked to deal with two teenagers who got drunk and had sex.'

O'Keefe was originally charged with rape after having sex with the girl in a supermarket car park after they got drunk at a festival in June last year.

But last month, O’Keefe was cleared of rape after his plea of guilty to an alternative offence of sexual activity with a child was accepted by the prosecution.

Warwick Crown Court heard O'Keefe, who was 17 at the time, and the victim were part of a group who went to a Morrisons supermarket in the early hours of the morning.

The pair then had consensual sex in the car park of the store after other friends went to a nearby McDonald's.

Judge de Bertodano this week criticised the CPS for bringing the case to court as she sentencing O'Keefe to a one-month conditional discharge and ordered him to register as a sex offender for two weeks.

She said: 'So what I'm dealing with is consensual sex between two teenagers.

'I have to deal with this on the basis that a 17-year-old had sex with a girl who was almost 16, and they had both had too much to drink. What are we doing here?

'But still the prosecution wanted to press on. I don't know what the world has come to when I am asked to deal, in a serious criminal court, with two teenagers who got drunk and had sex.

'If it had been rape, that would have been a different matter. I feel extremely sorry for you having to end up in this position.

She added: 'Clearly this started as a very serious case, but what it comes to is simply a teenage incident which should never have come near the courts at all.

'These sort of cases have no place in this kind of court. I want you to go away with that ringing in your ears and for it not to cast a shadow over the rest of your teenage years.

'You have been through a great deal as a result of this. I hope you can now put it behind you. I don't think this matter should be here at all.'

The court heard the girl, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, originally claimed he had left her immediately after they had sex but CCTV showed them leaving the car park together.

They then went to a fast food restaurant where the girl, who was described as 'very drunk', chatted to friends, who gave her money for a taxi.

Prosecutor Andrew Wallace told the court the victim had drank a large quantity of alcohol after going to the Leamington Peace Festival last summer.

He said O'Keefe, from Warwick, was said to have been 'excited, shouting and annoying everyone' and had 'tried it on' with one of the girl's friends.

Explaining why his new plea had been accepted, Mr Wallace said there was inconsistencies in the girl's original evidence.

Graeme Simpson, defending, said 'her account was significantly undermined'.


Women in the marines experiment fails

The two-and-a-half year period in which the Marine Corps' Infantry Officer Course became gender-integrated for research will end without a single female graduate.

The final iteration of IOC to accept female Marines on a volunteer basis began April 2 with two female participants. One was a volunteer and one was a member of the newly integrated ground intelligence track.

Both were dropped that same day during the grueling initial Combat Endurance Test, said Capt. Maureen Krebs, a spokeswoman for Headquarters Marine Corps. Nine of the 90 men who began the course were also cut.

IOC, held quarterly at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia, began accepting female officers fresh out of training in September 2012 as part of a larger research effort into the feasibility of opening ground combat jobs to women. Lieutenants who made it through the legendarily tough 86-day course would not receive an infantry military occupational specialty or career advancement; they did it only for the challenge and the hope of being part of a historical Marine Corps achievement.

But as the research continued, few volunteers took advantage of the opportunity. By July 2014, only 20 female officers had attempted the course. Only one made it through the Combat Endurance Test, and none made it to the end.

In an effort to achieve their goal of 100 female volunteers cycling through IOC, the Marine Corps opened the course to female company-grade officers in October 2014, making hundreds more Marines eligible for the course. The Corps also began requiring that volunteers get a first-class score on the male version of the service's Physical Fitness Test in an effort to better prepare them for the rigors of IOC.

The effort was a mixed success. In the October iteration of IOC, three of the seven female volunteers made it through the Combat Endurance Test, bringing the total number of women to pass the test to four. Two of those who passed the test were captains from the fleet. As time passed, no influx of volunteers materialized, however.

The testing period ends with just 27 female volunteers having attempted the course. Two other female officers also attempted the course as part of required ground intelligence officer training. The 0203 ground intelligence officer military occupational specialty was opened to female officers in late 2013, with IOC as a qualification requirement for applicants. None of the 29 female officers made it to the end of the course.

While IOC is closing to volunteers, female applicants for ground intelligence officer positions will continue to attend the course in the future, Krebs said.

Officials have said that ongoing research will consider many aspects of temporarily integrating IOC, including the number of volunteers, their pass rate, and performance in the course. That data will be taken alongside other research points, including the much higher success rate for enlisted female Marines in passing the Infantry Training Battalion course at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. As of February, 358 women had attempted the course, with 122 graduates, for a pass rate of 34 percent.

Also considered will be data generated from the Ground Combat Element Integrated Task Force, which is conducting assessments with male and female troops in a variety of infantry specialties now on the West Coast. All this information will be compiled this summer and used to inform Commandant Gen. Joseph Dunford's recommendation to the secretary of Defense on whether or not to open remaining ground combat units to female troops.

A decision is expected from the Pentagon early next year.



Political correctness is most pervasive in universities and colleges but I rarely report the  incidents concerned here as I have a separate blog for educational matters.

American "liberals" often deny being Leftists and say that they are very different from the Communist rulers of  other countries.  The only real difference, however, is how much power they have.  In America, their power is limited by democracy.  To see what they WOULD be like with more power, look at where they ARE already  very powerful: in America's educational system -- particularly in the universities and colleges.  They show there the same respect for free-speech and political diversity that Stalin did:  None.  So look to the colleges to see  what the whole country would be like if "liberals" had their way.  It would be a dictatorship.

For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, GREENIE WATCH,   EDUCATION WATCH INTERNATIONAL, FOOD & HEALTH SKEPTIC, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS and  DISSECTING LEFTISM.   My Home Pages are here or   here or   here.  Email me (John Ray) here


No comments: