Wednesday, December 08, 2010


Are Child Protective Services being used to harass inconvenient bloggers?

Or are they being used to seek out the "militia" hobgoblins that the Obamabots are obsessing about?

I have been very hesitant about releasing what happened to me regarding Child Protective Services. But after discussing this with Dave Hodges, from the Commonsense Radio Show on Republic Broadcasting, he said I need to get this information out to the public.

This happened about one month ago now. Here is how it all began.

I got a call from Child Protective Services, the woman said they had gotten a "call" about me and abuse of my child. I was in shock, when she told me this. I was completely confused and it also freaked me out, as I could not comprehend on why someone had called Child Services on me. Anyone that knows me, knows how blessed I feel, in having my "miracle child"!

I asked the woman, if they were going to have to go to her father's house also, she said "OH, I didn't know the father did not live there". I gave her, the father's phone number and name. I also, asked "How can I be sure, you are who you say you are". She gave me the phone number for the office and said I could call it back. After she let me know they would be at my house early the next morning and I was still completely freaked and confused on how someone could even think I have ever abused my child, I hung up. I called her father and let him know what was going on. The phone call was just a few minutes before my child was due home from school.

When my child got home, I got a bigger shock! My child told me, child services had come to her school that day and interviewed her! I told her to wait, to tell me anything, as I wanted to put her on speaker phone with her father so she could tell us at the same time, what questions they asked.

My child said, these are the questions they asked " Does your mother have SOLAR PANELS? Where Exactly does your mother take you camping? Where exactly have you gone hiking? Do you hike and then camp? Does anyone else go with you camping? What do you do when you go camping? Does your mother have alternative energy? Does your mother have stored food? Does your mother have any guns? Does your mother saying anything about "The end of the world"? What kind of remodeling has your mother done to your home? Do you have a "safe room", like a bomb shelter in your home?

***EDIT***12/5/10 9:20am est - I forgot to include another question, they asked my child: IF your mother takes you to church and exactly which church do you go to? They did not ask ME that question when I was interviewed - BUT they did ask the father that question in if he knew, if I take my child to church or not. I was surprised at this question, I thought there was a separation of Church and State and did not know those type questions were allowed. - END OF EDIT***

My child also said she told child services, her father does not live with me and there was shared custody and that included being at my house for one week and then her father's house for one week. So my child TOLD Child services the father and I did not live together! I was upset, as the woman then lied to me on the phone saying "She did not know the father didn't live here". I hung up with her father to call Child services and confront the woman. Besides Child services asking what I considered were the MOST Bizarre questions I had EVER heard of, for a child abuse case! What the the World do ANY of those questions have to do with "Child abuse"?!!!!!

When the child services woman answered the phone, I started into her right away, saying she was not truthful about not knowing the father didn't live here to me on the phone earlier! She was a little taken back it seems, that I would be confronting her as I was! She said "she did not remember my child telling her that"! I was telling her "Really?, MY Child TOLD you all about her living with her father and about her brother there and Everything, and you DON'T remember that?!" She said "No" she didn't! I then said I had a HUGE problem with that fact then, because "What else, doesn't she remember in her conversation with my child, when she had just interviewed my child?". I also asked her "Why in the world would you ask a child about "the end of the world and even put any ideas like that in a child's head"? She was flustered and said "they have to ask questions in regards to any accusations".

I told her " I will have witnesses here tomorrow, to make sure things stay "straight"! I also told her, she would NOT be allowed anywhere else in my house, EXCEPT for my child's room, since that was required. *Child services has to confirm a child has a bed to sleep in, clothes and food, with any visit to a home*. She asked me Why - they would not be able to see the WHOLE House? I told her, because the ONLY thing required is her bedroom and that would be IT! She somewhat hung up the phone on me, with exasperation from the call.

I was One Upset person now! To me this was the Most Bizarre event happening. I sat back down with my child and asked her.. "was there anyone else in the room besides the child services people?" My child said "No". I then asked my child "Did they ask, if I have ever hit you, did they ask if I drink, did they ask if I do drugs"? She said "No", they did not ask ANY questions such as that! I was NOW completely confused! How in the heck, is it Child services did NOT ask what I would think would be NORMAL Child Abuse questions that would be abusive to a child! NOT ONE NORMAL CHILD ABUSE QUESTION WAS ASKED!

I called my sister, who lives by me and then I called some neighbors and asked them to be witnesses the next morning. Also I asked my sister to bring her video camera, as I wanted to TAPE the whole Child services interview!

The next morning, my neighbors and sister arrived early and my sister set up the camera, we waited. The child services people as I opened the door saw the video camera rolling - there were 3 of them. The woman had brought her associate and her supervisor with her. They waved at the camera and I told them, for their protection as well as my own, the WHOLE interview was going to be recorded.

I told them, I had a right to know what the Accusations were against me, though they did not have to say WHO made the accusations, as soon as they acknowledged the camera.

The woman said the accusation was "mental abuse and neglect" against me. I asked how child services, decides if there is "mental abuse", since that is very subjective in opinion? They simply agreed it was "subjective". I then said, "Well, I will show you her room, clothes and food now, so that part is over with". I took them to her room (I had all doors shut to all rooms of the house, as I felt it was none of their business in seeing any other rooms of my house). Then we came back and I opened up the fridge and freezer and then showed them the pantry, so they could see food was there. My sister followed us with the camera, everywhere we went, taping the child services workers.

They then asked if they could sit down and discuss the accusations. First they asked me "normal questions, my date of birth, my name, my child's date of birth, my address, and other form questions as that.

They then asked me, if I had ever talked to my child about "the end of the world"? I told them "No, in fact I asked my child if kids ever said anything about it, just a couple of weeks before. My child told me "Yes, kids say stuff about 2012" I told my child NOT to listen to any of the ridiculous stuff kids say". I then told the child services people, I know they asked my child about it the day before and my child TOLD them I had NEVER said anything about "the end of the world" to her! So don't they take my child's word for that?! She said "Yes, they do". So I said "then you know I have not said anything regarding end of the world type stuff".

Then she asked if I had "stored food"? I told her... I follow the guidelines which FEMA has up on their site and I am a Red Cross Volunteer and have gone out on disasters with the Red Cross and I have had all the training with the Red Cross, in knowing that people should be self reliant for a couple of weeks, without needing help from the government or any other source during that time. So "I follow the Guidelines of the government and recommendations from the Red Cross in that respect"!

They then asked if I had an "alternative heat source" for my house! I said "Yes, I have a Yukon Eagle heater, which burns, wood or natural gas for heating my house". I said "I have saved lots of money by heating my house with wood, compared to natural gas". oh, they said "a problem with it could be carbon monoxide", I told them, natural gas heaters had problems with that, besides I have carbon monoxide sensors. . They asked if they could see it (which it is downstairs in my basement), I went and got a brochure and the owners manual on it from my file cabinet and handed it to them, so they could look at it there. I was not going to take them downstairs to my basement, as I felt they did not have a right to "check out my house in all ways". They mentioned wanting seeing it once more, I ignored it and I went on to another subject. The supervisor was familiar with the unit I have, as he said they have lots of them up north, where he came from.

Then they asked me, "what renovations have I done on my home and do I continue to do renovations to it"? I laughed and looked at my neighbors and sister as they too laughed. I told them, I have done lots of renovations, and my sister and I put the wood floors in here, I tiled the entrance and I just redid the hall ways and the outside entrance. I also had taken down walls. The supervisor asked "what walls and where exactly were taken down"? I stood up and said "right here, I took down walls that used to go across here and the wall that separated the kitchen and den".

She then said "We understand you are a "blogger" and what exactly is your blog about, also it is said you have a "conspiracy mind"? I was a little shocked at this question and told them "mainly my blog is about the Foreclosure Fraud that has been happening". They asked how many hours I spend blogging, as that is where the "neglect" part of the accusation came in, in that I spent most of my time "blogging". I told them the weeks I don't have my child "I blog more and spend more time on the computer". But when I have my child, I spend time with my child! My neighbors piped up and said, "we see her outside playing with her child and she is probably one of the best mothers and my child is about the most well balanced child they have ever come across". One neighbor said "we would not have the problems we do, if all kids were raised, as I was raising my child, as she is so balanced".

I told the child services people, "I spend lots of time with my child and I was raising her to "give to others" and that my child and I do fund raisers for the Red Cross and she loves volunteering and doing what she can for others!" I told them, "I have let my child know, doing for others is one of the best things you can do in your life and beauty comes from the inside, not the out".

Then they said "Well, here is the biggest accusation and one of the oddest accusations we have had before. They said I was accused of "Being a member of a Top Secret Agency, that worked against the Government". My sister, neighbors and I began laughing very hard with this! I looked at them and said "Are you Serious?"

I asked them to repeat the accusation, after they did, I just laughed and said "No" as I continued laughing!

The supervisor did say "Well, I would think you would be having "men in black" come see you, if you were".

They then began talking about "militias" and how they raise their children, I just listened to them and the way they were saying it, left it with a question to me on if I was involved in any. I made a comment saying "I would have absolutely no clue, about anything regarding militias, as I had never entered that realm or researched militias".

I asked them directly and asked them to be honest, regarding them seeing any validity to the accusations. They said, "they didn't see any problems or validity of the accusations to me, before they left".

I was waiting for all the questions about my camping with my daughter and so on.... those questions never were asked and at the time I did not think about asking about it either.

I asked them "do you have any more questions"? They said 'No".
They were at my house for about one hour and after they left, I called my child's father, to let him know they were on their way.

After a few hours, my child's father called me and said "they had been at his house for 2 HOURS and the whole time, they were grilling them about ME"! He said, they asked him all kinds of things about my camping, and if HE knew where we went and what we did while camping! He also said "they said they were concerned, since I did not let them see the downstairs of my house". He said they asked him, if he knew what my blog was about and did he read it? He told them "mainly financial stuff and the diseases from last winter and if they were so worried about it, they could get on the internet and read it themselves".

I was completely flabbergasted! I was "WTF"? They did NOT ask ME about my camping with my child and they had TOLD me, they didn't see any problems, yet they were telling my child's father something different! I called and recorded my message for the child services woman saying "I don't understand where there is a problem with me taking my child camping and Where we go, as you Never asked me a single thing about that"!

I will say, I have left 3 messages for her, since that day, asking for clarification on what the problem is with camping and Why is there a problem with our camping? I have never received a call back! Last week, I called and spoke to the supervisor that was here that day and said I wanted to know what accusation was in my regards to camping with my child? He had to look and would call me back. When he did call back, He said "he could not find one on the paperwork". He also said, the accusations were unsubstantiated in their opinion, but they were going to be talking to my child once more.

***That has still not occurred, as of writing this***

SO....... I still would like to know why there were so many questions about my camping with my daughter and where we go camping, hiking and what we do, when we camp. When they had asked my child she told them "we camp in a tent and make sure not to be next to an RV, due to their generator noise and we go hiking to falls and on trails". So if my child told them the type of stuff we do, they don't ask me, BUT then they grill my child's father on it..... What the Heck is WRONG with Camping?!

The day they were here, I will admit, I was completely Freaked out the whole time, as I had never had anything like this happen before. I did not confront them, with the questions they asked my child and why they asked my child the type questions they did, as I wanted to say as little as possible and not open any doors for them to conversations! I do regret now, not confronting them on the camping, solar panels, alternative energy, etc. when they were here. I also feel, they did not want to get into those questions, due to the camera filming everything too!

I did ask them.... were there any claims of "physical abuse" and they said "No", there was nothing in claims of my abusing my child that way, only the "mental and neglect".

I could possibly understand, if a parent talked about the "end of the world" to a child, how that would completely mess up a child's mind, so in that regards, I do not believe that is such a "crazy" question! Though I did want to ask the child services people - "Are you going to go after those children's parents, the ones who are telling MY child, the "end of the world is coming"? But I did not.

I would like to know in fact, in my doing lots of outdoor things with my child and going camping, is that not then a conflict to the accusation of neglect of a child? To me, that means a parent is far from neglecting a child, as they are spending time with the child outdoors, spending time together without T.V.s or other distractions! When did camping become being part of child abuse?

To sum this up, I drove myself crazy for awhile, wondering WHO would have made these accusations against me. I have accused a family member to thinking it was possibly a neighbor, to her father's relatives. BUT, now that time has gone by and I have been able to think more clearly about it, including having a conversation with Dave Hodges from the "Commonsense Radio Show", I am now of the opinion, another branch of the government, possibly sent Child Services to my home.

Dave Hodges, mentioned he has had previous shows about Child services and they are used by other branches to find out what people have or don't have, as it is the easiest way to get information.

So, is it actually from my having this blog and the comments I have made in regards to my thoughts and opinions on various subjects?

So...... now the question is, are others who have been public about their opinions on varied subjects, have had the government check on them? Has child services been used in other cases where they asked bizarre questions, compared to abuse questions?

Dave Hodges from the Commonsense Radio show and I may join forces to find out, if there are other cases and people out there who have had this similar type incident happen to them? Is the government going around and trying to find out, what people may have or not have? Is the government going around, trying to find out if there is a "place in the woods" people plan on going to (hence the camping questions)?

***Note*** I have talked to Dave Hodges yet again today, he feels after talking to someone else who is an expert in regards to child services, is that I was being profiled and assessed in what kind of "threat" I may be for homeland security.

If that is the case, does that mean having a voice and using our voices to speak up in what we feel are wrongs happening in a peaceful manner and exercising our "rights" as citizens, we are then considered possible "threats"? So does that mean everyone in the United States who may not have a blog, yet they still will voice their thoughts and opinions on what is happening in the United States and around the world to friends and co-workers are possibly "threats"?

OH, one other comment - my child went from being a Straight A student with a couple of B's all her school years, to getting F's on tests and began failing classes, the week after this happened! My child was very Traumatized by the Child services ordeal, as she was/is aware of child services and what they do from T.V. etc. and she was Freaked out that she may be "taken away"!

More HERE







British Santa faces littering rap

Council officials are threatening to prosecute a secret Santa for leaving Christmas gifts for children in a park. The mystery man, who signs himself The Woodland Santa, creeps into Pembrey country park, near Llanelli, at night to hang gift-wrapped books and toys from trees. But Carmarthenshire council warned the man that he could land in court for fly-tipping, reports The Mirror.

It is the second year running the phantom Santa has left his festive offerings - last year more than 600 toys and gifts were found hanging from fir trees.

And the kind-hearted Santa has returned with more surprises for young visitors to the park this year.

Park rangers have collected gifts including a Teletubbies annual, cuddly Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh puppet, which have all been passed on to local charity shops. Park manager Rory Dickinson said: "Tis the season to be jolly and giving - but this does cause us a few problems. We cannot leave the presents out because of littering issues."

Carmarthenshire council officials said some of the presents were ruined by the weather and had to be thrown away as litter.

Councillor Clive Scourfield said: "It's an unusual problem for us. We certainly don't want to be the first authority to be labelled Scrooges for citing Santa for fly-tipping. "We would like to come to some kind of arrangement with him to better distribute his generosity - even if it is anonymously."

SOURCE





Finally! The Archbishop of Canterbury speaks out in support of Christmas

There's a strong suspicion that he is just an atheist in a funny hat



The Archbishop of Canterbury yesterday defended Christmas against attempts to suppress it in case it offends people of other faiths. Dr Rowan Williams said those who try to ban Nativity plays and carol singing do not understand how people of all religions love the Christmas story and respect its message.

His intervention is likely to be welcomed by Christians. Unlike many colleagues, he has said little to criticise secular campaigners and public authorities who marginalise Christianity.

Several Christian leaders have stood up recently for the religious nature of Christmas. Dr John Sentamu, Archbishop of York, said attempts to ban the mention of Christmas in public were part of a secular drive to push Christianity from public life. Lord Carey, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, said Britain appeared to have become ashamed of Christmas. And on his visit to Britain in September, Pope Benedict spoke of his concern at attempts to discourage Christmas celebrations.

In an interview for Radio Times yesterday, Dr Williams said: ‘The weary annual attempts by right-thinking people in Britain to ban or discourage Nativity plays or public carol-singing out of sensitivity to the supposed tender consciences of other religions fail to notice that most people of other religions and cultures both love the story and respect the message.

‘Christmas is one of the great European exports. You’ll meet Santa Claus and his reindeer in Shanghai and Dar es Salaam – a long way from the North Pole. ‘The story of the Nativity is loved even in non-Christian contexts. One of the best and most sensitive recent film retellings was made by an Iranian Muslim company.’

But some saw his comments as half-hearted. Mike Judge, of the Christian Institute, queried his depiction of ‘right-thinking people’, adding: ‘There is an attempt to move nativity plays off the public stage. It is part of an attempt to marginalise Christiniaty. This is not right-thinking.’

SOURCE






Australia: Santa fired from Victorian pre-school so not to offend religious groups

THERE'S no holly in the halls, and Santa has been sacked. Christmas is out at a Victorian kindergarten, which is tiptoeing around any mention of the religious holiday.

Santa and his sleigh don't get a look in at Montessori Marvels Preschool in Greenvale which is striving to be everything to everybody. Children celebrate with an end-of-year party rather than a Christmas party and will part for the holidays wishing each other "Happy New Year".

Premier Ted Baillieu has warned Victorians not to let political correctness ruin Christmas with some schools and community groups imposing yuletide bans in recent years.

But the centre is not budging, saying it is abiding by Montessori's philosophy to be inclusive of all religious and cultural groups. "We are just trying to take an open approach to the holiday season," said spokeswoman Marlene Guclu, herself a Christian. "We run a non-denominational, non-religious program."

One parent is upset by what she said was effectively a Christmas ban. The woman, called Anna, rang up radio station 3AW to complain about a kinder in Greenvale, which she did not name. "My son is getting really frustrated because I'm singing one song, and he's singing the other," she said. "They sing carols but they change the words. "It doesn't have to be about religion."

But Ms Guclu said Christmas could still be discussed one on one with children. "We want all families to feel welcome, of all nationalities," she said.

Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria chairman Sam Afra said it could be a positive move if they were seeking to include all faiths in celebrating the festive season.

"If they are trying to do the right thing for everyone, we don't want to take that out of context," he said. "Different people coming around the table now saying maybe we should look at interfaith. I would like to encourage more debate, and to be more mature about our debate, where we are more understanding and respect each other."

SOURCE

*************************

Political correctness is most pervasive in universities and colleges but I rarely report the incidents concerned here as I have a separate blog for educational matters.

American "liberals" often deny being Leftists and say that they are very different from the Communist rulers of other countries. The only real difference, however, is how much power they have. In America, their power is limited by democracy. To see what they WOULD be like with more power, look at where they ARE already very powerful: in America's educational system -- particularly in the universities and colleges. They show there the same respect for free-speech and political diversity that Stalin did: None. So look to the colleges to see what the whole country would be like if "liberals" had their way. It would be a dictatorship.

For more postings from me, see TONGUE-TIED, GREENIE WATCH, EDUCATION WATCH INTERNATIONAL, FOOD & HEALTH SKEPTIC, GUN WATCH, AUSTRALIAN POLITICS, DISSECTING LEFTISM, IMMIGRATION WATCH INTERNATIONAL and EYE ON BRITAIN (Note that EYE ON BRITAIN has regular posts on the reality of socialized medicine). My Home Pages are here or here or here or Email me (John Ray) here. For readers in China or for times when blogger.com is playing up, there is a mirror of this site here.

***************************

No comments: