Thursday, May 15, 2003

GOLFING INCORRECTNESS

Singh acknowledged his dissatisfaction with Annika Sorenstam gaining a sponsor's exemption to compete during next week's Bank of America Colonial in Fort Worth and indicated he would withdraw if paired with her. "I'm surprised the way it came out," he said while preparing for this week's Byron Nelson Championship. "There was no attack on Annika. If it was, it wasn't put that way. What I actually said about missing the cut was that if I miss the cut, I'd rather see her miss the cut as well. Hopefully, I won't miss the cut, because I don't want to go back and have a woman beat me." Nevertheless, Singh again shared his belief the PGA Tour should remain all-male. "This is a man's tour, and there are guys out there trying to make a living," he said. "It's not a ladies' tour. If she wants to play, or any woman for that matter, if they want to play the men's tour, they should qualify to play like everybody else."

No comments: